Kindergarten Film Project

ACEI has partnered with Froebel USA to produce a film project that will document the history of kindergarten in a series of 6 one-hour long episodes. The International Kindergarten Union (now ACEI) is central to this story as its founding was the culmination of the Kindergarten Movement and the vehicle through which its membership negotiated the future of Kindergarten.


View the film trailer here:


Contributors to this documentary film series will be the very first to view episodes as they are completed. 


This independent film project is the culmination of decades of research. ACEI has taken on this film project as an initiative that captures the oral history of longtime Early Childhood Education leaders and practitioners, an appropriate tie-in to the 125th Anniversary celebration of the founding of ACEI which will take place in 2017.


Your Support

ACEI is grateful for your support in any amount you wish to contribute. Besides the tax deduction (and ability to view the film before it is released), all donors to this project will be acknowledged on the film website contributors page and in the film credits.


To make a donation by credit card, please select your gift amount below and click Continue.

Please accept my gift of

$25 (name listed on film website and film credits)
$500 ("Special Thanks" on film website and film credits)
$1000 ("Major Supporter" on film website and film credits)
$ (Designate your amount here)


Or, to help offset the cost of credit card transaction fees, especially for larger amounts, please consider making a donation by check made payable to:


Association for Childhood Education International and write Kindergarten Film Project on the envelope and the check memo.


Mail checks to:
Association for Childhood Education International (ACEI)
ATTN: Development Department
1200 18th St NW Ste 700
Washington, DC 20036-2531


Thank you for your support!


ACEI is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Donations to the film series are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law. (Please consult your tax professional regarding your specific situation.)